Compile Crazy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scripting in a Web Page: What is it Good For?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Excimer Sun Software

Excimer Sun Software

Scripting in a Web Page: What is it Good For? Empty
PostSubject: Scripting in a Web Page: What is it Good For?   Scripting in a Web Page: What is it Good For? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Hey all! This is Excimer Sun speaking on the topic of scripting in web pages! Some of you reading this may be asking; "What good is JavaScript in web sites?", "What is scripting used for in web sites?", or "Why should I learn scripting/JavaScript/VBScript for web design?". Others may be saying, "HTML and CSS are working fine for my web sites. What good would learning web scripting do me?". I will be answering these questions and more with this short (hopefully) intro to the benefits and uses of web site scripting. Web scripting is a powerful tool that can allow you to make your web sites dynamic, active, interactive, more user friendly and more eye-catching. JavaScript is commonly used to make the visual effects of web site buttons, making them light up or glow when moused over and making them appear "pressed" when clicked. JavaScript also allows you to customize your web site with a different look for every user and to change the appearance of certain elements of the page based on an action performed by the user, all without requiring your visitors to re-load the page or any part of the page. In fact, good use of JavaScript could be used to make a forum site very similar to the one you are reading this on (though this site mostly uses PHP augmented by JavaScript.). As you can (hopefully) now see, scripting in your web pages has many possible uses and benefits. To get started with JavaScript go to http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp.I hope This helps someone and answers the questions of others.

-ESS
Back to top Go down
Excimer Sun Software

Excimer Sun Software

PostSubject: Re: Scripting in a Web Page: What is it Good For?   Scripting in a Web Page: What is it Good For? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Also, those that are reading this may also be interested in a tutorial to get you started with web page scripting. check out my "hello world" tutorial for JavaScript here: JavaScript for beginners
Back to top Go down
Compu-Teck Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Scripting in a Web Page: What is it Good For?   Scripting in a Web Page: What is it Good For? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:25 pm

I have actually messed with JavaScript a bit in my Web Design class. When we had to make a site for a sweet shop that is owned by one of my teacher's former students, I did a JavaScript intro rollover image. It started as a cupcake, but when rolled over, it turned into a donut. When clicked on, it redirected to the home page of the site. JavaScript is quite a useful tool to learn. Maybe I will put a rollover link tutorial after your "Hello World" tutorial...
Back to top Go down
Excimer Sun Software

Excimer Sun Software

PostSubject: Re: Scripting in a Web Page: What is it Good For?   Scripting in a Web Page: What is it Good For? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:43 am

Compu-Teck Inc. wrote:
Maybe I will put a rollover link tutorial after your "Hello World" tutorial...

Sounds good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scripting in a Web Page: What is it Good For?   Scripting in a Web Page: What is it Good For? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scripting in a Web Page: What is it Good For?
Page 1 of 1