Compile Crazy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Book Review: The Philosophical Programmer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Fellow
Admin
The Fellow

Book Review: The Philosophical Programmer Empty
PostSubject: Book Review: The Philosophical Programmer   Book Review: The Philosophical Programmer I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 6:02 pm

Before Note: I shall be trying to type a book review of a book I read about programming and what not, once a week, so be warned.
___________________________________________________________________________________

The Philosophical Programmer is a good read. The book is to introduce some of the idea's about programming, and a good amount of it's history. It starts off with ethics and introducing the idea of good coding. Then goes onto the structure of the computer. After that it breaks into the fundamentals of programming, as in programming languages, and the such. Then goes into details about debugging and coding in the real world.

Only big thing I did not like about this book is its age, the first edition was in July 1998, and if you know your stuff, in 1998 we was no where near to where we are now, programming wise, or computer wise at all. But, in my opinion this book is still a very good read and would help any programmer understand a little bit more, even if it is old.

Overall: 4.5/5
Information: 5/5
Relevance: 4/5
Fun: 5/5
Simplicity: 4/5
Back to top Go down
https://compilecrazy.forumotion.net
Excimer Sun Software

Excimer Sun Software

Book Review: The Philosophical Programmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Review: The Philosophical Programmer   Book Review: The Philosophical Programmer I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Sounds like an overall excellent read. I'll have to check it out.
Back to top Go down

Book Review: The Philosophical Programmer
Page 1 of 1