Compile Crazy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Its called XAML, anyone heard of it?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gamerboy

gamerboy

Its called XAML, anyone heard of it? Empty
PostSubject: Its called XAML, anyone heard of it?   Its called XAML, anyone heard of it? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:51 pm

I'm just saying, you guys could make your own homepages with XAML, and then have a contest to see whose comes out the best, and the winner's will be the site's homepage!
RULES:
Must start with completely BLANK file.
Visual Designers ARE allowed.
You do not need any programs to help you make this, you can use notepad, or Visual Studio 2010, or other.
It must have AT LEAST SOME security in case some jerk wants to attempt to hack our site. He'll fail, and we send him a little somthin' somethin'. Wink
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES:
JScript
HyperText Markup Language
XAML
XML
ASP.NET
Back to top Go down
http://gamerboy8864hacks.freeforums.org
Excimer Sun Software

Excimer Sun Software

PostSubject: Re: Its called XAML, anyone heard of it?   Its called XAML, anyone heard of it? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 12:49 am

My problem with this is that all of the proposed languages (except HTML and XML) are essentially limited to Windows.

Last edited by Excimer Sun Software on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gamerboy

gamerboy

PostSubject: Re: Its called XAML, anyone heard of it?   Its called XAML, anyone heard of it? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 11:49 am

so? i have kubuntu linux and WINE, and am emulating windows 7 on it. i have visual studio 2010 in the emulator, as well as all win7 ultimate features.
Back to top Go down
http://gamerboy8864hacks.freeforums.org
Excimer Sun Software

Excimer Sun Software

PostSubject: Re: Its called XAML, anyone heard of it?   Its called XAML, anyone heard of it? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 2:38 pm

Well, my point is that for a homepage for cc we would want to be able to reach as many users as possible without requiring them to use certain software or a certain browser, thus using mostly MS web technology that is limited to MS software/firmware is probably a bad idea; a bad "business model", if you will. I'm not saying that I think your idea is bad, it's good, but I'm saying that we should probably, for something of the nature proposed, stick with as much universal code as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its called XAML, anyone heard of it?   Its called XAML, anyone heard of it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Its called XAML, anyone heard of it?
Page 1 of 1