Compile Crazy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Useful web hosting trick

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Excimer Sun Software

Excimer Sun Software

Useful web hosting trick Empty
PostSubject: Useful web hosting trick   Useful web hosting trick I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 1:11 am

Hello everyone! I want to tell you about a really simple free way to host static websites for testing and other purposes. This is for those with a Dropbox account. If you don't have one, I highly reccomend that you get one here as they are very useful. Now, back to what I was saying, if you have a static website, you can host it for free simply by uploading it, and all of it's supporting files, to your Dropbox's Public folder then get the main page's public link. You and anyone else can now use this public link to access your website as though it were hosted from any actual file host, just you don't get your own domain name; you're stuck with a Dropbox URL. This is great for testing and sharing web sites. Hope someone gets use out of this! Smile Again, for those interested in a Dropbox account, go here. If you do, we'll both get extra storage space if you sign up! Smile
Back to top Go down

Useful web hosting trick
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Compile Crazy :: Web Developing :: Tools of the Trade-
Jump to: