Compile Crazy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some bad news and good news, with a poll.

Go down 
3 posters

What do you want us to do?
I would love to have all those features! And I would like to donate if possible!
Some bad news and good news, with a poll. I_vote_lcap50%Some bad news and good news, with a poll. I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Well, I would love those features but I can not donate.
Some bad news and good news, with a poll. I_vote_lcap50%Some bad news and good news, with a poll. I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
I am meh on this.
Some bad news and good news, with a poll. I_vote_lcap0%Some bad news and good news, with a poll. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
OMG! Quit being stupid, just keep things how they are!
Some bad news and good news, with a poll. I_vote_lcap0%Some bad news and good news, with a poll. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Heck NO! Stop changing things!!!
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
The Fellow
Admin
The Fellow

Some bad news and good news, with a poll. Empty
PostSubject: Some bad news and good news, with a poll.   Some bad news and good news, with a poll. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:02 pm

Well, it has occurred that Forumotion (the host of this forum) will not allow me to get the sql database. I am sorry, and I should have read the user agreement when signing up. Anyways, so I have decided to poor a little bit of funding into trying to get my own server and what not, to host a new compile crazy. So I am here to ask from the users themselves if they would not mind a move, which means they would have to re register over on the new forums. If we do the switch I promise we will have a load of cool features, including a chat, a job finder, a source bin, a showcase, and even more. Please tell me what you think with a reply to this post if you have anything you want to ask or whatever.
Back to top Go down
https://compilecrazy.forumotion.net
Excimer Sun Software

Excimer Sun Software

PostSubject: Some Hope   Some bad news and good news, with a poll. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:03 pm

It seems that there is some hope for us after all! I have just stumbled upon several web pages where people have made web crawlers specifically designed to scrape content from Forumotion forums and largely recreate their DBs! The only inconvenience is that everyone would have to reset their passwords once we have moved to our own server, but it should grab the majority of CC. In this light, everyone should be aware that, for the next few weeks, things might get a little strange on here as we attempt to set up CC to be scraped. Just thought I'd let all of you know the good news! Very Happy

Regards,
-ESS
Back to top Go down
The Fellow
Admin
The Fellow

PostSubject: Re: Some bad news and good news, with a poll.   Some bad news and good news, with a poll. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 4:39 pm

Well said ESS
Back to top Go down
Compu-Teck Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Some bad news and good news, with a poll.   Some bad news and good news, with a poll. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:33 pm

You said something about jobs... I have a suggestion for those "jobs": Why not have a "Master" of a programming/scripting language? That person would be responsible for all of the tutorials on the forums... but that's just a suggestion...
Back to top Go down
The Fellow
Admin
The Fellow

PostSubject: Re: Some bad news and good news, with a poll.   Some bad news and good news, with a poll. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 3:43 pm

You are using jobs in the wrong sense of the word. I am using jobs as in paying jobs, that is mearly a title type thing. I could hire people, but I want everyone to put in their own two cents when it comes since programming is so open ended, and you can do the same thing in multiple ways, there is no one in the world who can say that they are superior in a language because of that. Now later on we may have titles to show that some one has proven particularly good at a language, or multiple, but those ranks means not that they do not know anything less or more, and that they are given to those who have proved it by helping others. This will be done when we have our own server though, so that I can make it so people can have multi ranks, and what not.
Back to top Go down
Compu-Teck Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Some bad news and good news, with a poll.   Some bad news and good news, with a poll. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 12:37 am

ah... my bad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some bad news and good news, with a poll.   Some bad news and good news, with a poll. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some bad news and good news, with a poll.
Page 1 of 1